Many people have questions about what they can and can’t do with their car after it’s been in the shop for body repair.
Many people wonder when it is safe to wash their car after a new paint job.
We understand the confusion and decided to put together a short to do and don’t list for you to check over.
Do the following:
- Wait for about 2 weeks after your paint job to wash your car.
- Wash your car by hand for the first 3 months using a damp cloth, mild car wash solution and cold water.
- Dry your car thoroughly after you wash it.
Don’t do the following:
- Don’t wax or polish your car for 3 months after a paint job.
- Don’t dry dust your car, as it can scratch fragile new paint.
- Avoid using a car wash system for several months. This can take the shiny luster off the paint quickly.
- Try to stay off of dirt roads as much as possible. The new paint is more susceptible to chipping.
Tags : auto-body